2018 Driven By Excellence Scholarship Award
At Exigent Technologies, our mantra is – “Driven by Excellence”. Our president and founder, Daniel J. Haurey is a proud and grateful graduate of the Essex County Vocational Technical School (ECVTS) North 13th campus and credits much of his success and good fortune to the skills and guidance received during his high school years.
We are pleased to offer the following scholarship opportunity for a deserving ECVTS student that meets the eligibility criteria.
Scholarship award: $1,000.00
Criteria and Qualifications
- Current Essex County, NJ resident in his/her senior year at the Essex County Vocational Technical School (ECVTS) North 13th. St Campus.
- Minimum of (2) letters of recommendation from ECVTS faculty members that describe and evidence the student’s commitment to excellence in two or more of the following areas:
- Scholarship: Per national guidelines, at a minimum, student must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Service: This involves voluntary acts of kindness made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Leadership: Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- Character: The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others.
- Improvement: The student has demonstrated vast positive improvement over their high school tenure, despite having faced adversity.
Application deadline: May 30, 2018.
We will award the scholarship on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis. Each scholarship is for a one-time use and cannot be renewed. Students can only apply one time. We will notify the winner by emailing them through the email address used to submit their application. Students will be required to provide proof of enrollment in post-secondary education prior to award. Post-secondary school must be located in the United States of America. Payment will be made directly to the school and must be used for tuition only. The award is non-transferrable. Exigent Technologies reserves the right to post student’s name and picture(s) their website, blog, or any other marketing materials.