Today, I realized that I didn’t backup my iTunes library of music before blowing out the hard drive on my new laptop. Ordinarily, this would have been a disaster. Lucky for me, the geniuses over at Apple had my back. Or shall I say BACKUP.
Since I use iCloud, my music and other items had been backed up to Apple’s cloud storage service. Here’s what I did to get my iTunes music back on my computer.
- Download the latest iTunes
- Login with your iTunes account (this must be the account that you used to purchase the music).
- On the right side of your iTunes screen, go to Purchases
- Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or “Not in My Library” to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer
- Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item or simply download them all.
Thanks Apple, for saving us from ourselves!
Digg This | Save to del.icio.us
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.